Arthur Jarrett, Jr., Ed.D, Division Superintendent
Dear Parents and Community,
As we have transitioned to in-person learning, I am grateful for the daily student interactions, conversations with parents, meetings with administrators and teachers, and collaboration with our School Board and community as a whole. We are appreciative of our educational partners and alumni who are committed to furthering the mission of Sussex County Public Schools. I can say with confidence that every success that we have experienced has been accomplished TOGETHER. Every opportunity to learn lessons has been embraced with a mindset of growth and progressive movement.
At the beginning of the school term, we spoke extensively about “riding and managing the waves of change” in our schools and communities. Surfing on the ocean waves was the visual symbolically used to emphasize the importance of heightening and fulfillment of our vision. During convocation, everyone in attendance was challenged to reach his or her highest potential and to work together as a team to navigate the changes facing us. With these thoughts in mind, we were challenged to pinpoint our focus toward the advancement of our students and our county. With pleasure, I take this time to commend everyone for the unwavering dedication and commitment to this great work.
“Others can inspire you, but ultimately the only thing that empowers you is what lies within you and learning how to better utilize what you’ve been given.”
T.D. Jakes, Instinct: The Power to Unleash Your Inborn Drive
Dr. Arthur L. Jarrett, Jr.
• Intentionally Increasing Student Achievement
• Teacher Support
• Principal Instructional Leadership Support
• Community Outreach/Partnerships
- Our diversity is a source of strength.
- Our schools must be safe.
- All students are capable of meeting high expectations.
- We are accountable for our students’ success.
- Every individual in our Division contributes to our students’ success.
- We have a responsibility to work collaboratively with our families and community members.
- Respect, trust, and honest communication are the foundation of successful and productive relationships.
- A strong school system is essential to the vitality of our community.
We believe that all students can learn. The mission of Sussex County Public Schools is to provide a safe and secure learning environment where all students develop into knowledgeable and productive citizens. Sussex County Public Schools will provide the necessary instructional resources, learning opportunities and leadership for students to reach their highest educational potential to be our leaders of tomorrow.
For Sussex County Public Schools to be a model of academic excellence and high student achievement for rural public education in our state and eventually, the nation.
We owe it to our children to set a very high bar. With persistence, dedication, creativity, and student focus, we will realize our vision.