Information Technology Department
Sussex County Public Schools' Information Technology (IT) Department is tasked with delivering the communications links, hardware, software, support and everything else necessary to enable the division's people to accomplish the mission of educating our students.
Operates / Supports:
- An enterprise class 10Gbps Local Area Network (LAN) on the Central Campus which includes three schools, an administrative office and an Operations Center.
- Internet connection operating at 1GBps.
- A wireless LAN within each building with one access point (AP) per instructional classroom.
- Domain access and authentication.
- Servers, computers & network printers.
- An extensive VoIP system that enables four digit internal calling on campus.
- Campus security surveillance and access system, and the campus mass-notification system.
- The Instructional 1:1 student device program
- Assist with portal access and data integration / interoperability.
The IT Department works hand-in-hand with the administration to coordinate planning and funding through:
- Revisions of the division's technology
- Preparation of the IT Department's budget
- Technology recommendations for division's capital improvement plan
- Annual "E-Rate" applications for funding to the Universal Service Administrative Company's "Schools and Libraries Division" (USAC/SLD).
Since 1999, SCPS IT Department has obtained over $4 Million in committed funds from USAC/SLD. These funds have been used to cover yearly tier I eligible technology service expenses and also several tier II eligible internal connections projects.
Visit the USAC/SLD website at: www.usac.org/sl/ for more information about the E-Rate Program.
Sussex County Public Schools
21390 Sussex Drive
Stony Creek, Virginia 23882
Helpdesk (434) 246-2580